Changes for 1.6.1

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Jan 16 23:12:12 PST 2008

	Hello everyone! As you may have seen, I started getting the
release_1_6 branch in sync with trunk in a couple of recent commits,
in preparation for the 1.6.1 release. They're almost in sync, except
for the following:

	Outstanding changes:

*) Anders: r32722 and r32801, enabling and disabling cURL's --remote-
time: so, I gather we're just as if r32722 (addition of --remote-
time) had never gone in, yes/no? any word on the development of this
feature? should I schedule it for 1.6.1? keep in trunk for the time
being, instead?
*) Markus: r31954, r32194, "merge" function for universal building
(and r32500 and r32501, Ryan's related typo fixes): last I read on
this list, there were concerns about changing the platforms for which
we build universal, with respect to universal binaries that were
built for the previous set of platforms. Any advise on what should be
done? Are we good to go releasing this code to the public? Or should
we instead keep it in the oven a bit longer?

	Blocked changes:

*) James: all changes related to the addition of MacPorts paths to /
etc/paths.d and /etc/manpaths.d (r31491, r31492, r31495, r31496,
r31520, r31600, r31946), as we're still using the postflight script
(much improved this time round, thankfully! -- I've received quite
some good feedback this time round).

	So... anything else I might be missing? Now is the time to chime
in ;-) I'll be posting an rc for 1.6.1 as soon as I get a chance.

	Regards,...

-jmpp