Changes for 1.6.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 16 23:43:14 PST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 01:12, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> *) Markus: r31954, r32194, "merge" function for universal building
> (and r32500 and r32501, Ryan's related typo fixes): last I read on
> this list, there were concerns about changing the platforms for
> which we build universal, with respect to universal binaries that
> were built for the previous set of platforms. Any advise on what
> should be done? Are we good to go releasing this code to the
> public? Or should we instead keep it in the oven a bit longer?

I'd like to see the "merge" function in 1.6.1. It will simplify the
openssl port, and could be used for cairo and other ports as the need
arises. But, as I said elsewhere, configure.universal_archs should be
changed to just the two 32-bit architectures, and then the "merge"
function should be changed to use configure.universal_archs instead
of its own list of architectures.