Milestoning duplicate tickets?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Jan 17 22:28:48 PST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 1:26 AM, William Siegrist wrote:

> I agree with Ryan, but are you also saying you also keep them
> "open"? Is there a reason for having multiple tickets open for the
> same issue?
>
> -Bill

	No, if they're duplicates then they are closed, already dealt with.

	But I believe there's no point in either putting them in a milestone
or keeping them in it if there's already one ticket there, the
"original", that describes the same issue. There's the "original" and
the others are just fat, bloat, in my opinion.

	The Adium team handles the issue by creating a milestone specifically
for duplicate tickets, regardless of the program component they were
filed against... but I don't think I like that approach too much either.

-jmpp