Safari Crashed when logging into Mac OS Forge

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Tue Jan 29 08:42:55 PST 2008

I just wanted to broadcast this since it came up in the thread
below... It is a known bug in Safari/MacOS that causes it to crash
during a digest exchange over a proxy. Unfortunately, the best thing I
can offer as a solution right now is to use another browser when going
over a proxy.  We are working on moving to a standard SSL-protected
form as soon as possible so this wont be an issue anymore, but I have
no ETA to give you.

Thanks,

-Bill

On Jan 29, 2008, at 8:26 AM, Jochen Küpper wrote:

> Could you please also close the molden ticket for me, Safari still
> keeps crashing for me when loging in to MacOSforge
>  Ticket URL: <http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14092#comment:1
> >
> Thanks!

----
William Siegrist