[33525] trunk/dports/python/py25-gsl/Portfile

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Tue Jan 29 20:02:08 PST 2008

I dont need the ticket, but feel free to file one in server/hosting if
you want to move the discussion there.  I should be able to get this
setup tomorrow. Thanks for the "--maintainer", I figured there was a
better way, and also the "-q" since I had noticed the exit status
issue and was going to also do some grepping for that.

-Bill

On Jan 29, 2008, at 7:21 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:59, William Siegrist wrote:
>
>> On Jan 29, 2008, at 6:29 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> * "port lint" should be run by the Subversion repository in a post-
>>> commit hook and any problems found emailed to the committer and
>>> the maintainer:
>>>
>>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/12594#comment:4
>>
>> I can add `port lint` to the post-commit for any Portfiles if you
>> want.
>
> That would be great. Should I file you a ticket for that?
>
>> I dont see a way to get only the list of maintainers from port, but
>> I can always grep/regexp to get them from `port info`?  I seem to
>> remember a better way though.
>
> Get the port's maintainers (comma-space separated) like this:
>
> port -q info --maintainer $PORT
>
> Then you'll have to filter that to exclude nomaintainer at macports.org
> and openmaintainer at macports.org.
>
> `port lint` currently always exits with status 0, even if it finds
> something wrong with the portfile. This is unfortunate. However, an
> acceptable workaround for now would be to run:
>
> port -q lint $PORT
>
> This will only produce output if there are problems in the port. And
> only in that case should the email be sent.

----
William Siegrist
Software Support Engineer
Mac OS Forge