[33591] branches/release_1_6/base/portmgr/dmg/postflight

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Thu Jan 31 14:55:23 PST 2008

Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> 1. Officially we support the current and previous release of Mac OS X,
> so 10.3 isn't really a target anymore (and having the automatic path
> setup not work on 10.3 isn't enough to block usage there - people can
> still set up $PATH manually like they had to with older releases).

Mac OS X 10.5 isn't really out of the Public Beta stage until 10.5.2
and a new X11.app arrives, so it probably doesn't hurt to support Mac
OS X 10.3 a little longer still...

Besides, PATH isn't working on Leopard either but that doesn't seem to
stop everyone (just the occasional puzzled newcomer) Some of us would
even *prefer* it being "manual".

--anders