[MacPorts] #14104: pv 1.1.0 upgrade/build failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 31 08:19:10 PST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 09:54, MacPorts wrote:

> #14104: pv 1.1.0 upgrade/build failure
> ---------------------------------
> +------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  meissnem at gmail.com  |       Owner:
> ryandesign at macports.org
>       Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
>  Component:  ports               |     Version:  1.6.0
> Resolution:                      |    Keywords:  pv upgrade build
> failure
> ---------------------------------
> +------------------------------------------
> Comment (by meissnem at gmail.com):
>
>  The post-patch is needed on Leopard -- that's my primary system
> and I can
>  confirm it.
>
>  I got my hands on a 10.4.11 system myself and confirmed what you
> found, so
>  I'm attaching an updated patch.
>
>  As an aside, it sure would be nice to have a 10.3, 10.4, and 10.5
> machine
>  available to maintainers for testing... or if not maintainers then at
>  least committers!

That could be nice... but has some complications. First, getting
funds and getting machines. I suppose three Mac minis could be found
for cheap (ideally five: three PowerPC OSes, two Intel ones). Then,
probably each committer would need their own user account with their
own MacPorts installation, so as not to step on one another's toes.
And then there's the problem that not all ports can install without
root access, which none of the commiters would likely have on these
testing boxes.