py25-gtk dependency oddity?

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Sat Jul 5 11:14:30 PDT 2008

I'm running Leopard (10.5.3) on a 2.4Ghz dual core.
When I went to install py25-gtk, I got this message:
Error: Some libs are missing from your X11 installation. Please run
this command:
Error: sudo ln -s libXrandr.2.dylib /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: missing /usr/X11/lib/
libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib
When I looked in /usr/X11/lib/ I found a libXrandr.2.1.0.dylib
symlinked to the libXrandr.2.dylib and am wondering if the version
check py25-gtk is doing is out of date?
I went ahead and made the symbolic link it asked for and it is in the
middle of a build now.
Just wanted to ask if this was expected/desired behaviour, or if the
port is slightly out of date? (nomaintainer at macports.org and

Thanks,
	--Doug