py25-gtk dependency oddity?

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Mon Jul 21 16:25:24 PDT 2008

Hi Doug,

On Jul 5, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Douglas Philips wrote:

> I'm running Leopard (10.5.3) on a 2.4Ghz dual core.
> When I went to install py25-gtk, I got this message:
> Error: Some libs are missing from your X11 installation. Please run
> this command:
> Error: sudo ln -s libXrandr.2.dylib /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: missing /usr/X11/lib/
> libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib
> When I looked in /usr/X11/lib/ I found a libXrandr.2.1.0.dylib
> symlinked to the libXrandr.2.dylib and am wondering if the version
> check py25-gtk is doing is out of date?
> I went ahead and made the symbolic link it asked for and it is in the
> middle of a build now.
> Just wanted to ask if this was expected/desired behaviour, or if the
> port is slightly out of date? (nomaintainer at macports.org and

I didn't see that issue and I have it installed too (Mac Pro with
10.5.4). This sounds like an issue with your X11 install. I run the
latest version of XQuartz:
<http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki>.

I recommend installing this over (or in place of) Apple's version from
Leopard.

The py25-gtk port is up to date.

Cheers!
Frank