distfiles.macports.org updates

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Thu Jul 10 12:31:36 PDT 2008

On Jul 9, 2008, at 11:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> How often does distfiles.macports.org get new files? Is it a periodic
> process like portindex, or does it run after every commit like the
> port lint check?

Every morning it runs through every port and performs "port mirror".
So regardless of commits or changes to the port, it will try to mirror
whats currently listed in the portfile. This allows for failed
transfers to be retried. It records a timestamp when it finishes each
day:

http://distfiles.macports.org/TIMESTAMP

> If periodic, does it generate output about what it's doing, like
> which new files have been downloaded or which files failed to
> download, and if so, could that be emailed to the changes list? Would
> anyone find that useful?

I use the -d flag for mirror and record the output for debugging, but
its a lot of spam. But if you really want it, I can maybe clean it up
a little or make a summary report.

-Bill