[MacPorts] #15908: Ticket queries are not useful

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Fri Jul 18 13:58:24 PDT 2008

On Jul 18, 2008, at 11:35 AM, William Siegrist wrote:

> You should keep an eye on <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15210>
> then which will allow you to use the Custom Query page to search for
> tickets about a specific port. This wont solve the problem of users
> not knowing which port is actually broken when its a dependency that
> fails, but its better than what we currently have.

I always just go to the custom query page [1], add a summary filter,
and put the port name there; as long as people follow the proper trac
ticketing guidelines [2] this works quite nicely.  E.g., only three
hits for open sbcl tickets (#14036, #14241, and #15157).

I've found using the base search portion of trac, though, does result
in lots of excess, since it defaults to search tickets (all parts of
them, open and closed), changesets, and the wiki...

Bryan

[1] - <http://trac.macports.org/query>
[2] - <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>