[MacPorts] #16048: lv2core: new port

David Evans db.evans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:01:41 PDT 2008

MacPorts wrote:
> #16048: lv2core:  new port
> ---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  db.evans at gmail.com  |       Owner:  ryandesign at macports.org
>       Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  assigned
>  Component:  ports               |     Version:  1.6.0
> Resolution:                      |    Keywords:
> ---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
> Changes (by ryandesign at macports.org):
>
>   * owner:  macports-tickets at lists.macosforge.org =>
>             ryandesign at macports.org
>   * status:  new => assigned
>
> Comment:
>
>  I added the port in r38544. Thanks!
>
>  Question: why is gawk listed as a dependency? It installs for me without
>  complaint even when gawk is absent. That's on 10.4.11 Intel.
>
>  Also: this port doesn't install any binaries or libraries, right? Given
>  that, can I add "`universal_variant no`" to the portfile?

I added gawk because the configure script explicitly checks for it and
it was my understanding that the MacPorts policy was to use ports in
preference to Apple installed software.  However, if you see no need for
it, I have no problem removing it.

And yes, the port only installs necessary include pkgconfig files that
are required by other software (such as the slv2 port) to implement the
lv2 plugin standard.  So, as you say, the concept of a universal_variant
is not meaningful here.

Thanks for your help and suggestions with these ports

Dave