[38815] trunk/dports/science/geos

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Thu Jul 31 21:23:24 PDT 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:05 PM, Adam Mercer wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 7:07 PM,  <landonf at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> 3.0 's C-API is both API and binary compatible with the 2.x
>> release, and I
>> tested building / running PostGIS.
>
> No it is not, py25-matplotlib-basemap is now broken, it does not build
> against 3.0.x!

I went off the developer's statements on compatibility, but,
unfortunately:
	http://www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05301.html

So it sounds like we either need to fix the issues, or keep around
GEOS 2.x *and* GEOS 3.x, and that's going to be a bloody mess.

I see you rolled back the port. It looks like ticket #13699 has been
sitting since March -- can I just create a GEOS 2.x port and py25-
matplotlib-basemap can depend on that?

I'd like to move the state of the world forward.

-landonf