[38815] trunk/dports/science/geos

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Thu Jul 31 23:12:43 PDT 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:38 PM, Adam Mercer wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:23 PM, Landon Fuller
> <landonf at macports.org> wrote:

>>> No it is not, py25-matplotlib-basemap is now broken, it does not
>>> build
>>> against 3.0.x!
>>

>> I went off the developer's statements on compatibility, but,
>> unfortunately:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05301.html
>>
>> So it sounds like we either need to fix the issues, or keep around
>> GEOS 2.x
>> *and* GEOS 3.x, and that's going to be a bloody mess.
>>
>> I see you rolled back the port. It looks like ticket #13699 has
>> been sitting
>> since March -- can I just create a GEOS 2.x port and py25-
>> matplotlib-basemap
>> can depend on that?
>
> I've been trying since March to get basemap working with 3.0.x, it can
> build but doesn't work properly. The basemap developer has also been
> trying and can't get anywhere. So at the moment, the only solution is
> to have a separate geos3 port. As you want to add ports that require
> geos3 we'll have to go that way.

OK, I implemented the fixes for issue #13699:
	geos2 committed in r38824.
	py25-matplotlib-basemap updated in r38825.
	py-matplotlib-basemap updated in r38826.
	geos updated to 3.0.0 in r38827.
	matplotlib-basemap port revisions bumped in r38828 to ensure that the
ports are linked to geos2.

I verified that the basemap ports were correctly linked, and ran
example/test.py to sanity-check the output. I've got time to spend on
this, so please let me know if anything is incorrect and I'll get it
working.

-landonf