[37390] branches/gsoc08-framework/MacPortsFrameworkTester

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 5 20:28:21 PDT 2008

Good question. Hmm... Well you should set svn:keywords to Id on every
text file into which you insert "$Id$", and not on files where you
don't. You should set svn:eol-style to native on text files that you
edit in a text editor, but not on binary files, and not on text files
that aren't really text files. For example .pbxproj files might not
need it, since Xcode manages that kind of file itself. But I'm not
100% sure.

I think the goal for this setting is so that, if you check out a
working copy on Windows, you can open text files in a normal Windows
text editor (since Windows text editors often don't support Unix line
endings by default). So you should set svn:eol-style native on files
that one might want to look at on Windows. Would one want to look at
a .pbxproj file in a text editor on Windows? I don't know, but I'm
not the best judge of this since I wouldn't want to look at anything
on Windows ever. But I guess that's why I'm here. :)

"Files" with the .xcodeproj extension are really Mac OS X bundles,
i.e. directories; you don't set such properties on directories.