Jaguar support

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Fri Jun 13 13:08:17 PDT 2008

Our official policy is to support only the two most recent OS versions.

I think I interpret that pretty loosely.

For those working on MacPorts base:

	- Don't kill worry too much about keeping stuff alive pre-Tiger, or
about not implementing features that might not work pre-Tiger.
	- But don't remove such old support unless it's causing undo clutter
or complexity, or causing you pain.

For port maintainers:

	- It's entirely up to you whether you remove support for pre-tiger
ports.
	- Once again, I'd say if there's pain involved, then remove the
support, unless you have meaningful reasons not to.

(We do have archives of older MacPorts versions, and port trees, that
might be useful to those trying to support older OS versions).

James