Jaguar support

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 12 16:44:01 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Ok, with that ticket resolved, the build proceeds further, but now
> complains about missing X11:
>

> checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
> checking whether -R must be followed by a space... neither works
> checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
> checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
> checking for gethostbyname... yes
> checking for connect... yes
> checking for remove... yes
> checking for shmat... yes
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
> checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
> Unknown configuration problem. Please install the X11 runtime
> and/or X11 SDK  packages from the Xcode Developer Tools CD
> configure: error: Broken X11 install

MacPorts base does not really rely on X11. At first I thought it just
checks for it to find the right value for ${x11prefix}, but there is
also --with-x11-prefix to specify that. I am not sure why this check is
there.

./configure --without-x
should have been enough, but you won't be able to use any ports
requiring X11.

By the way... I am wondering why the explicit check for the Mac OS X
version did not hit you earlier or did you overwrite it?

case "$MACOSX_VERSION" in
   10.0*|10.1*|10.2*)
     AC_WARN(This version of Mac OS X is not supported)
     AC_WARN(Please upgrade at http://store.apple.com/)

Rainer