tracking down extraction

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Jun 13 14:47:55 PDT 2008

Alan Batie wrote:
> Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> Looks like MacPorts expects the work directory to be present, but it
>> has been deleted. Running `sudo port clean glib2` should make
>> expectation and reality match up.
>
> Yup, already tried that one...  I think the expectation is that the
> extraction worked, and it didn't, which is why I'm trying to trace it
> through...

Does running with -d reveal anything useful? Particularly after
cleaning, since that will give you the output from the extract phase
which apparently is failing undetected.

The child interpreters run the code in the port1.0 directory, so you
would want to look at portextract.tcl there in order to continue tracing.

- Josh