MacPorts AutoBuild

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri Jun 20 17:00:09 PDT 2008

On Jun 20, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> Have you tried using activate/deactivate instead of archives/
> uninstall? I don't know if it would be significantly faster or not,
> but it would probably be worth testing. I might eventually have time
> to investigate this (but probably not for the next week or so).

Hmm, that's an interesting thought; since activate only creates hard
links it'll definitely be faster than extracting the archive followed
by creating those hard links.  While inactive, ports shouldn't be
looking in /opt/local/var/macports/software for stuff, so should be
safe.  Thanks for the idea.

Bryan