Splitting the guide

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.com
Wed Mar 5 08:55:39 PST 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 08:15:52AM +0100, Thomas Reifferscheid wrote:
> Hi, great work Simon!

Hi,

I'm glad you like it.

> For doing this automatically (e.g. every night),
> we could need some kind of shell (bash) script doing this. Do you think
> thats possible for fully automation?

This shouldn't be a problem. I already modified my local Makefile for the
documentation generation. The question is how we should provide these two
versions (maybe also a third: a downloadable version of the guide). Maybe
http://guide.macports.org/ should display a selection so the user can choose a
version.

I don't know enough about the server structure. Juan, or anybody who knows
this. What's the best way to add this selection (or something similar) and
what changes needs the Makefile?

> Kind regards
> Thomas

Thanks,