destroot and (build && destroot) yield different results

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Mar 23 16:29:21 PDT 2008

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:
> A few days ago, I submitted a ticket outlining situations in which it
> takes two runs of the port command for correct installation (http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14687
> ).
>
> Is this a known behavior?

Don't think so...

> I have attempted to track down the problem myself, but it has been
> slow going as I am not well versed in either Tcl or the MacPorts code
> base.

Could you try to provide a minimal test Portfile which can be used to
track this down? I don't want to test with mzscheme or boost.

For example something like this should do (untested):

build.env       FOO='bar'
destroot.env    FOO='qux'

build {
     system {echo "build: $FOO"}
}

destroot {
     system {echo "destroot: $FOO"}
}

> Can anyone offer suggestions as to which parts of the MacPorts code to
> look at to determine why "port destroot" and "port build && port
> destroot" might have different results?

Seems to be some problem with exporting build.env?

Rainer