destroot and (build && destroot) yield different results

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez marcuscalhounlopez at mac.com
Mon Mar 24 14:28:53 PDT 2008

Rainer Müller wrote:
> Could you try to provide a minimal test Portfile which can be used
> to track this down? I don't want to test with mzscheme or boost.

It is difficult to construct a small Portfile for this problem.
MacPorts runs make, and make calls another program (jam for boost and
a variant of mzscheme for mzscheme).
It is in these secondary programs that the problem occurs.

At the point of error in the boost code, the author has included the
comment
"# VP: I have no idea now 'native' can be empty here! But it can!"

This is not an encouraging comment, but I shall continue to try to
track down the problem.

-Marcus