[macports-mgr] Re: Wiki changes not possible

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed May 7 09:50:27 PDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 12:11 PM, William Siegrist wrote:

> On May 7, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>

>> But I don't think we need to spam -dev. If we really decide to send
>> mails, these should go to -changes with some [wiki] prefix. So
>> others not wanting to get these diffs can easily set up a filter
>> for it.
>

> Ah, yes, -changes is a much better choice. And the prefix would be
> [MacPorts] unless I modified the plugin (its not something I wrote
> myself).  It uses the project name of the Trac environment and the
> wiki title. For example:
>
> [MacPorts] Notification: LeopardProblems modified
>
> -Bill

	Funny, I just posted about this!

	I can see mp-changes hosting these mails, but I'd actually think this
list is a better choice, since these edits will mostly (hopefully) be
about documentation, which is something we've always reviewed here. In
any case, I have no problem with having them on mp-changes if the
majority of voices speak against this list, but in such case it'd be
nice having the From and Reply-To fields of each message constructed
similar to how the commit logs are currently.

	About the From field: everyone who edits the wiki has to be a valid
registered user, with a legit address, so would it be possible to have
that as the From of each of those messages (and from there on, into
the Reply-To field too)? If it is, we would deal with the mailing list
accepting all those messages in some smart way, but we first need to
know if we can have custom From's.

	Regards,...

-jmpp