distfiles.macports.org

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Mon May 19 12:35:27 PDT 2008

I've begun experimenting with hosting a distfile mirror on Mac OS
Forge for MacPorts. This is very much a beta service, so it wont be
automatically used by MacPorts just yet. But if you have trouble
fetching a distfile, the checksums fail repeatedly, or you need an old
distfile, you might try looking here:

http://distfiles.macports.org/<portname>/

Disclaimer:  this service is experimental, it may not be available all
of the time, it may not contain all distfiles, I will probably
rearrange the files later, it may not always be up to date with the
portfiles in the svn repo, etc etc.

Also, there may be some ports out there that forbid mirroring of their
distfiles. If you know of such a port, you can email me directly with
the port name so it can be excluded from mirroring.

Thanks

-Bill