[MacPorts] #15395: Use primary port category for fetched distfile layout

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu May 22 07:28:37 PDT 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 1:56 AM, William Siegrist wrote:
> Could I get a review of this patch from someone with some base
> experience to make sure this wont break anything. I believe it'll be
> seamless for end users and is the simplest change to make the mirror
> layout the way I want it to.

Why would people be browsing the mirrored files? Wouldn't the
interaction with the site mostly just be 'port' downloading a mirrored
file?

Also, without some sort of migration for currently saved distfiles, we
end up orphaning all of the currently saved distfiles on a machine
(I've got one machine with about 1GB of old distfiles). At the very
least, we need to make port clean --dist be able to remove distfiles
from both the old and new locations.

--
Daniel J. Luke