Merging to the release_1_6 branch (was: Re: Fwd: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15109)

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Tue May 27 10:52:08 PDT 2008

This is why I think that releases should be tags on trunk, with a
convergence period before each release.  This project is not big
enough and does not have the manpower or written guidelines and a
release engineer driving the process on a daily basis which are
necessary to really do a two-branch model.  That is merely my opinion,
of course, but it's driven by some experience in this area.

- Jordan