Ruby 1.9 port

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue May 27 16:51:58 PDT 2008

Jay Levitt wrote:
> I don't know if there's a naming standard on macports, but "-dev" and
> "-devel" package suffixes on both Red Hat- and Debian-based Linux
> distros mean "the include files you'll need to compile against this
> package/library".  So I'd recommend against -devel.

It is the naming convention for MacPorts as it was borrowed from FreeBSD
ports. Beta releases/Release candidates get a -devel suffix. Although it
makes dependencies a bit complicated, it is the only way we currently
have for this, as MacPorts can't handle multiple versions of the same
port at the moment.

Rainer