Indicate which architectures are in universal ports?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 29 05:48:40 PDT 2008

In "port installed" I can see which ports I have installed universal
and which I haven't. But for those that are universal, I can't see
what architectures are represented (since we now allow people to
change that via the macports.conf). This makes it hard if, e.g., I've
decided that I want to upgrade from having 2-arch universal builds to
having 4-arch universal builds. Maybe "port installed" could be
enhanced to show which architectures a port was built with? This
could apply only to ports with the universal variant, or maybe better
to all ports. Comments? Other ideas for solving this problem?