MacPorts 1.7.0

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Thu Nov 6 14:17:34 PST 2008

The plan for 1.7.0 is basically to get the last remaining tickets which are
assigned to the 1.7.0 milestone:

<http://trac.macports.org/milestone/MacPorts%201.7.0>

Which shows three tickets remaining, though two are interrelated.  The third
is just for an apparent edge-case of the "we-love-you-so-much" Tcl
environment bug.

Once these are put into place, we'll get a beta1 put out there for testing,
unless someone has some other issues.  Like, for example, Paul's idea for
making dependencies a bit more forward-compatible so #126 can be worked on
without needing to wait for further releases to get things working.

If you have something really pressing bring it up, but I'd like to see 1.8.0
much sooner than 1.7.0 was from the previous, as I already have a few things
to put into 1.8.0...

Bryan