MacPorts 1.7.0

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 6 15:19:19 PST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 5:17 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> The plan for 1.7.0 is basically to get the last remaining tickets
> which are
> assigned to the 1.7.0 milestone:
>
> <http://trac.macports.org/milestone/MacPorts%201.7.0>
>
> Which shows three tickets remaining, though two are interrelated.
> The third
> is just for an apparent edge-case of the "we-love-you-so-much" Tcl
> environment bug.
>
> Once these are put into place, we'll get a beta1 put out there for
> testing,
> unless someone has some other issues.  Like, for example, Paul's
> idea for
> making dependencies a bit more forward-compatible so #126 can be
> worked on
> without needing to wait for further releases to get things working.
>
> If you have something really pressing bring it up, but I'd like to
> see 1.8.0
> much sooner than 1.7.0 was from the previous, as I already have a
> few things
> to put into 1.8.0...
>
> Bryan

thank you and all the other new portmgrs for this.  Please dont let
anyone make "the Perfect the enemy of the Good".
Get 1.7 out and let the improvements come in 1.8

thanks again for all your hard work...........

WDD

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.5 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple21)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non