MacPorts 1.7.1 milestone created

C. Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 03:59:54 PST 2008

Let me quickly revive this thread :)

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Bryan Blackburn <blb at macports.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 04:04:08AM +1100, Joshua Root said:
>> I've created a MacPorts 1.7.1 milestone on Trac. I think we should move
>> most of the open tickets from the 1.7.0 milestone to 1.7.1, and release
>> a 1.7.0 beta.
>
> 13141 [1], if we ship a 1.7.1 dmg, then it makes sense; otherwise we could
> even move it to 1.8.0.

Check OS X version: This is an approval of Josh's suggestion.

> 15434 [2], I think some decision should be made first on the best choice
> first, then decide which version (since one decision is to ship as is with
> 1.7.0 now).

Search fields: decision pending. (I personally like trunk search.)

> 15868 [3], this makes sense, it's an issue but I don't recall seeing it too
> frequently.

Old subversion: approval.

> 16085 [4], it seems the work done so far on it may suggest that fixing it
> could be bigger than a couple of lines, so it might be quite a bit of time,
> hence it could also be moved to 1.7.1 or even 1.8.0.

Deactivation infinite loop: approval.

> 14482/14553 definitely are needed for 1.7.0 so port groups can be added in
> the future without major releases.

Updating port groups: Bryan thinks this is blocker.

> [1] - <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13141>
> [2] - <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15434>
> [3] - <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15868>
> [4] - <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16085>

Is this now reflected in the milestone, or was there no agreement? I
think it's not, is it?

Milstone:

http://trac.macports.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=MacPorts+1.7.0

So largely there seems to be an agreement, with the exception of
Updating Port Groups. That would be nice, I admit it. But I think
we could also live without until the next release comes, which is
hoped to be sooner anyway.

I will see if I find time to have a look at port groups, but I'm pessimistic
on that, a bit (unfortunately). Maybe somebody else fancies having a look at
it, because that seems to be the only blockers left, according to 50% of
port managers team. The reward would be quite high, because it would
unlock roughly a year worth of changes.

:)

Florian

--