MacPorts 1.7.1 milestone created

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Nov 26 09:05:54 PST 2008

C. Florian Ebeling wrote:
> So largely there seems to be an agreement, with the exception of
> Updating Port Groups. That would be nice, I admit it. But I think
> we could also live without until the next release comes, which is
> hoped to be sooner anyway.
>
> I will see if I find time to have a look at port groups, but I'm pessimistic
> on that, a bit (unfortunately). Maybe somebody else fancies having a look at
> it, because that seems to be the only blockers left, according to 50% of
> port managers team. The reward would be quite high, because it would
> unlock roughly a year worth of changes.

Actually it should be all on the variants-descs-14482 branch, I just
have not gotten around to merge it back to trunk, which also means
moving port1.0/resources to dports/.

Last thing we have not decided on is how to name the resources
directory. I wanted to use .resources to make a clear difference to port
categories and to prevent portindex recursing there, but there was a
concern about using hidden directories. So I would be fine with using
_resources and let portindex ignore directories starting with an underscore.

Rainer