MacPorts 1.7.1 milestone created

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed Nov 26 14:25:17 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 06:05:54PM +0100, Rainer Müller said:
> C. Florian Ebeling wrote:
> > So largely there seems to be an agreement, with the exception of
> > Updating Port Groups. That would be nice, I admit it. But I think
> > we could also live without until the next release comes, which is
> > hoped to be sooner anyway.
> >
> > I will see if I find time to have a look at port groups, but I'm pessimistic
> > on that, a bit (unfortunately). Maybe somebody else fancies having a look at
> > it, because that seems to be the only blockers left, according to 50% of
> > port managers team. The reward would be quite high, because it would
> > unlock roughly a year worth of changes.
>
> Actually it should be all on the variants-descs-14482 branch, I just
> have not gotten around to merge it back to trunk, which also means
> moving port1.0/resources to dports/.
>
> Last thing we have not decided on is how to name the resources
> directory. I wanted to use .resources to make a clear difference to port
> categories and to prevent portindex recursing there, but there was a
> concern about using hidden directories. So I would be fine with using
> _resources and let portindex ignore directories starting with an underscore.

I don't see any problem with .resources, these are all files which are
included by port when needed (mirror_sites and the various port groups).
Most people aren't messing around with them so visibility isn't that big a
deal, and we don't have to add code to portindex/mporttraverse/ReaddirCmd()
to skip it.

Bryan