1.7.0 beta 1 tagged and ready to test

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sat Nov 29 13:18:32 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 02:38:02AM +1100, Joshua Root said:
> Anders F Björklund wrote:
> > And it probably needs a MacPorts-1.7.0-beta1.dmg disk image
> > made to see any real (i.e. end user) beta testing, though ?
>
> @jmpp: I don't see any tarballs or dmgs for older rc/beta releases. Did
> they never exist, or are they kept somewhere I'm not looking?

I checked and as far as I could tell, dmg's have always only been released
when a version was finalized; that's why I did this the same way, with the
svn tag only for now.

Though, given Anders' error, maybe we should add a step into the
ReleaseProcess that at least a dmg should be built before tagging, to test
for such things?

Bryan