Fwd: [40828] contrib/mpab/chroot-scripts/buildports

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri Oct 17 16:27:28 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 09:08:54PM +0200, C. Florian Ebeling said:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Bryan Blackburn <blb at macports.org> wrote:

> > Definitely not all, that'd take forever on my MBP, I usually let it build
> > 150-200 as a test, but I let it run without a port list and kill it after a
> > while.
>
> But mpab sorts the list of ports on dependencies before running, so they
> maybe have all zero dependencies at the start. And those should indeed
> not be effected, because they get explicitly uninstalled, other than the
> dependency ports. I think that explains it :)

Right, but in fact one of the reasons I tried the deactivate in the first
place was I was already seeing quite a few being build which require the
curse of ncurses, which needs ncursesw and has over 3000 files;
uninstall/reinstall even from archive on that takes some time...

However, this is odd; looking at libpng which needs zlib, I see:

DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.main (zlib) since this port is already
installed
DEBUG: Found TGZ archive:
/opt/local/var/macports/packages/darwin/i386/zlib-1.2.3_1.i386.tgz
--->  Unpacking tgz archive for zlib 1.2.3_1
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.unarchive (zlib)
DEBUG: Using /usr/bin/tar
DEBUG: Using /usr/bin/gzip
--->  Extracting zlib-1.2.3_1.i386.tgz

So it would appear it re-extracted it from the archive...even though the
port was simply deactivated and not uninstalled.  Different from the error
you're seeing, and working, but definitely not what's expected.

Bryan