dummy package for new portfile

Andrea D'Amore andrea.damore at macports.org
Thu Oct 30 12:19:17 PDT 2008

Hello,
I'm starting a new portfile and, as always, I'd like to have an empty
scratch portfile to start with.

Usually I copy a previous portfile or the example from the Guide so
this led me to think if we could have a port named "dummy" or
"portfile-dummy" as file skeleton with all variables, maybe commented.
This could speed up new port writing, what do you think?

I'm aware that probably people just made their own templates in
whatever editor they use, I was wondering if we could have a port
option for this.

Bye

Andrea