[39976] trunk/dports/lang/slime/Portfile

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Sep 16 00:11:23 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
[…]

 > Ah, but you can't do it this way. This relies on emacs or emacs-app
being installed. But it might not yet be installed at the time the user
runs "port info" or "port variants" or "port fetch" or "port checksum"
or "port deps" or "portindex" which will cause an error, like it's doing
for the PortIndexRegen.sh script now:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-changes/2008-September/020930.html

Reverted [1] to previous buggy behavior (stuffing global variable
assignment in 'configure').

[1]: http://trac.macports.org/changeset/39992

Does anybody have a suggestion how to implement the right behavior
without breaking things?

I need to set some Portfile specific variables conditionally (like where
to install the Elisp files based on which emacs is installed, which
Emacs binary to use to byte-compile files).  If I set these variables in
the 'configure' section, then if a user does a two step port
installation (like a 'port build' followed by a 'port install') the
variables are not set in the second invocation (because 'configure' is
already marked as having been executed).

Any suggestions?

I supposed I could define a slime Portfile specific procedure, executing
this explicitly before each phase that I need the variables set.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."