Mirror at PVV at NTNU in Norway

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Sep 16 05:42:03 PDT 2008

William Siegrist wrote:
> 3. We'll want a wiki page listing mirrors and a quick rundown of
> changing sources.conf to use a closer portfile/rsync mirror. Or if Josh
> want to port his ping timing to rsync selection, the users in Europe
> should get the benefits automatically and a mirror list is less vital.
> Perhaps if sources.conf has the default "rsync://rsync.macports.org" do
> ping timing, if its anything else, respect what the user has set.

I think the sync target would need some work to support choosing from a
list of possible sources. Multiple sources can be listed, but currently
they are *all* used. So it gets a little complicated since you'd need
both lists of sources from which you want to choose one, and lists of
sources where you want to pull from all of them.

I'm in favour of the wiki page and a comment in sources.conf.

- Josh