postfix +tls upgrade broken

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Apr 4 00:20:38 PDT 2009

On 2009-04-03 15:07, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2009, at 7:01 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>> But in general, this is how the final update to openssl @1.0.0 will
>> go.
>> Every dependent need to be rebuild as usually for every upgrade. Just
>> that in this case it will affect many ports and will probably cause
>> much
>> confusion at first.
>>
>> I don't think there is a better solution currently than advising to
>> run
>> 'sudo port -R upgrade openssl' when it is released, even if it will
>> probably trigger a lot of unnecessary rebuilds.
>
> In the past, we have rev-bumped every port that we thought would need
> a rebuild when we've done something like this...

For the readline @5.2 -> @6.0 upgrade I added additional symlinks to the
old libreadline.5.x.dylib paths. I tested it before with the ports
installed on my machine and as it worked for all of them I decided to go
that way. Might just have been coincidence that the versions were still
compatible... Maybe not the best solution, but it saved a lot of hassle.

Rainer