[49158] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/muniversal-1.0.tcl

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Tue Apr 7 16:14:28 PDT 2009

Rainer Müller <raimue at ...> writes:

> By the way, what is the current status of muniversal? I see you are
> converting more and more ports to use it. Is it ready yet to be
> integrated into base?

I have already attempted to create some patches to be incorporated
into the base.
One stumbling block is my unfamiliarity with the base code, so the
patches are not very good yet.

I would say that the strategy (separate compilations for each architecture)
has been doing well.
It has uncovered some bugs which would have been difficult to track down
otherwise.
As you might expect, they often have to do with size of data types.

I will keep trying.

-Marcus