darwinbuild error

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Sun Apr 19 02:19:45 PDT 2009

On Apr 18, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 05:44:34AM -0700, William Siegrist said:

>>> [...]
>>>

>> I was going to try downgrading just portlint.tcl. If that didnt
>> work, I
>> would make a separate 1.7.1 install just for the purposes of linting.
>
> If you don't mind the increase in work that means for you on the
> server,
> then that should give us the best of both.  Though I have no idea
> how well
> an older portlint.tcl will work with a newer everything-else.
>
> Bryan

After further investigation, the message is due to portfetch setting
an option_proc on svn.tag (portlint has nothing to do with this). I do
not want to try downgrading portfetch, and I do not want to disable
all deprecation warnings, and I do not want to have to manually
maintain all the uses of deprecation throughout the code. So we're
back to having a separate release-install on the servers.  There have
been times when portmgr has asked for portlint.tcl to be rolled
forward to pick up new rules, so perhaps lint rules should move to
_resources? Otherwise, I can just upgrade portlint on the release
install as needed.

Also, I noticed that using the "-q" option does not suppress ui_warns
at least in this case of deprecation warnings. Not sure if thats
intentional.

-Bill