darwinbuild error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 19 02:26:14 PDT 2009

On Apr 19, 2009, at 04:03, Joshua Root wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> I would still rather that port lint, even in today's 1.8.0 trunk, did
>> not warn that svn.tag is deprecated, because it cannot be considered
>> deprecated until after we have released a version of MacPorts
>> containing
>> its replacement, svn.revision. After 1.8.0 is released, then we
>> can add
>> the deprecation warning back to trunk.
>
> *After* 1.8.0 is released? Isn't the intention to deprecate svn.tag
> *in*
> 1.8.0?

I don't care when maintainers start switching svn.tag to
svn.revision, so long as it's not before 1.8.0 is released. People
running lint in trunk, or in this case people receiving lint emails
from the server that's running trunk, may erroneously believe they
should already today make this change, which is detrimental to do
until users have upgraded to 1.8.0.