GSoC: Accepted students announced

Juan Germán Castañeda Echevarria juanger at ciencias.unam.mx
Tue Apr 21 09:09:06 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I'm Juan Germán Castañeda Echevarría (juanger), one of the selected students
in this year's Google Summer of Code.

My project consists in the design and implementation of a Cocoa application
using the MacPorts framework developed by Randall Woods and George Armah. I
want to create a simple and good looking interface to attract users who
don't like to use the terminal and for users that want a more visual way of
using MacPorts.

There are some GUI applications out there, but they are not fully Cocoa
based and also some members of the community don't like their GUI design.
That is why community feedback will be very important in almost all the
stages of the development and I'll be very happy to hear you all.

A little about myself: I'm a Mexican Computer Science student who currently
is preparing his thesis. I love Ruby, Rails and Cocoa and I'm a teacher
assistant at the National Autonomous University of Mexico. Last year I
applied for the MPWA but I wasn't selected and this year I want to give my
best to help the MacPorts project.

I made a sample application for this proposal (
http://juanger.googlepages.com/Porton-app.zip) and I'll begin to work out my
ideas from now.

Greetings.

My blog: http://xocoruby.blogspot.com
My projects: http://github.com/juanger

--
Ash Mac durbatulûk, ash Mac gimbatul, ash Mac thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi
krimpatul.