[50047] trunk/dports/x11/rox-filer/Portfile

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Thu Apr 23 15:57:57 PDT 2009

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Right, which is my point.  If gtk2 didn't pull in the X11 libs,
> then that means that he's got a gtk2+quartz install... which means
> that ROX is not going to work for him because it needs gtk2 for x11.

Suppose dependencies-with-variants would have allowed requiring "gtk2
+x11" ?

> So either the user had a +quartz gtk2 (in which case he can't use
> rox) or he has some other problem that adding the X11 dependencies
> to rox won't solve (because they're redundant).

In order to use a non-system X11, the port needed the usual workaround:
configure.args-append --x-include=${prefix}/include --x-lib=${prefix}/
lib
Just wasn't obvious where to add them, when using Zero Install's --
compile.

And obviously they would be wrong, when using +system_x11 (another
story)
But seems like it'll be able to pick up /usr/X11R6 anyway, due to it
being
present in gtk2's pkg-config and it being the default. So should be
good.

--anders