hamcrest-core and backing out changes

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Apr 28 10:04:32 PDT 2009

Hi,

Regarding hamcrest-core r50259

     Revert r50223, this port is called hamcrest-core and thus should install
     only hamcrest-core, please create an hamcrest-library port if you need it.
     By the way, this change broke junit port as it expects to find an
     hamcrest-core

Please don't back out changes to commits without discussing it first, in an
open-source project it's considered rude, especially since the port is marked as
openmaintainer.  Additionally, finding out you backed out the change just
through committing isn't cool.

Also, my changes left in hamcrest-core.jar, so I don't know why you would see
breakage, I didn't see it in my testing.  When I upgrade ports, I do something like

$ port contents hamcrest-core | sort > 1
# install the new version of the port
$ port contents hamcrest-core | sort > 2
$ diff 1 2

to make sure there's no missing files.  What error are you seeing?

Regarding adding hamcrest-all.jar, I don't want another port just to install one
more jar, I don't see the point in that.

Regards,
Blair