hamcrest-core and backing out changes

nox nox at macports.org
Tue Apr 28 12:28:21 PDT 2009

Le 28 avr. 09 à 19:04, Blair Zajac a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Regarding hamcrest-core r50259
>
>    Revert r50223, this port is called hamcrest-core and thus should
> install
>    only hamcrest-core, please create an hamcrest-library port if you
> need it.
>    By the way, this change broke junit port as it expects to find an
>    hamcrest-core
>
> Please don't back out changes to commits without discussing it
> first, in an open-source project it's considered rude, especially
> since the port is marked as openmaintainer.  Additionally, finding
> out you backed out the change just through committing isn't cool.
>
> Also, my changes left in hamcrest-core.jar, so I don't know why you
> would see breakage, I didn't see it in my testing.  When I upgrade
> ports, I do something like
>
> $ port contents hamcrest-core | sort > 1
> # install the new version of the port
> $ port contents hamcrest-core | sort > 2
> $ diff 1 2
>
> to make sure there's no missing files.  What error are you seeing?
>
> Regarding adding hamcrest-all.jar, I don't want another port just to
> install one more jar, I don't see the point in that.
>
> Regards,
> Blair

I don't see the point in having a port which installs hamcrest-core
AND some other things even though it's called hamcrest-core. I thought
you also changed the final jar name as it would have been at least
consistent.

A port installing more than it should have is in no way a more
expected thing than a big port installing less than you expect it to
do (e.g. python). What's the problem with one more jar? disk space?