+system_x11 to bite the dust

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Apr 29 13:19:28 PDT 2009

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

>> I think ${x11prefix} was mostly to avoid hardcoding /usr/X11R6
>> (or /usr/X11), but I gather you will be replacing it with $
>> {prefix} now ? (It was /usr/local on FreeBSD, but that doesn't
>> really matter)
>
> No, I won't be replacing it with anything.  It will be purged.
> XFree86/Portfile will still use it, but it will be self contained
> in that Portfile (ie not in base).  That will be used to install
> the pure darwin X11 server in a separate prefix (/usr/X11R6).

Meant something like "--x-include=${prefix}/include --x-lib=${prefix}/
lib"...

Like if one was to look for the "new" X11, one would look under $
{prefix} -
rather than under ${x11prefix} like one did with the "old" X11
(+system_x11) ?

You might also want to remove all the X11 from base's configure, when
purging.

--anders