Where to start: pointers? links? tickets?

Giorgio Valoti giorgio_v at macports.org
Sun Aug 9 04:06:57 PDT 2009

Il giorno 09/ago/09, alle ore 00:08, Jeremy Lavergne ha scritto:

>>> I’d like to contribute some more to this project, so I thought I
>>> could browse the tickets and begin to fix some easy ones but I
>>> thought maybe it’s better to ask here.
>>
>> Definitely an easier way to get started; the simplest tickets to
>> handle to
>> begin with would be simple version updates, either to nomaintainer
>> ports or
>> submitted by maintainers who don't have commit access.
>
> To that end, you might consider doing `port livecheck installed` to
> easily find out what ports you're using that are outdated.  You
> could also do `port livecheck maintainer:openmaintainer` or `port
> livecheck maintainer:nomaintainer`.  If you come across ports
> without livechecks, you might flex your regex (if applicable) and
> write some livechecks ;-)

I’m already maintaining some ports, I was thinking doing something on
the lower levels. I took a look at some tickets listed here:
<http://trac.macports.org/query?status=new&status=reopened&component=base&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=port&type=%21enhancement

Maybe I’ll find something to start with.

Re: the livechecks. Is there a way to maintain a parallel macports
system, say one under /opt/local and one under ~/ports?

--
Giorgio Valoti