Where to start: pointers? links? tickets?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Aug 8 15:08:05 PDT 2009

>> I’d like to contribute some more to this project, so I thought I
>> could browse the tickets and begin to fix some easy ones but I
>> thought maybe it’s better to ask here.
>
> Definitely an easier way to get started; the simplest tickets to
> handle to
> begin with would be simple version updates, either to nomaintainer
> ports or
> submitted by maintainers who don't have commit access.

To that end, you might consider doing `port livecheck installed` to
easily find out what ports you're using that are outdated.  You could
also do `port livecheck maintainer:openmaintainer` or `port livecheck
maintainer:nomaintainer`.  If you come across ports without
livechecks, you might flex your regex (if applicable) and write some
livechecks ;-)