Automatic homepage for sourceforge, googlecode, etc.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 22 10:37:14 PDT 2009

For projects hosted on SourceForge or Google Code or other common
sites we have simple ways of expressing the master_sites:

master_sites sourceforge

master_sites googlecode

This also automatically sets the livecheck.

Wouldn't it be useful to be able to do that for the homepage as well?
Currently ports have to manually specify

homepage http://${name}.sourceforge.net/

homepage http://code.google.com/p/${name}/

Could we simplify it like this?

homepage sourceforge

homepage googlecode

Or maybe the homepage would also automatically be set if master_sites
uses one of those shortcuts?

Now that I think about it, the way these shortcuts are working now is
a little like portgroups. In fact all of it probably could be
implemented as a portgroup.

PortGroup sourceforge 1.0

PortGroup googlecode 1.0

Might that simplify base code a bit?